Caneh

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
SR_Rider

Caneh

Post by SR_Rider »

Hey Caneh,

Long time, is digitalbloodsports still working and running?

Mind adding Mechcommander Gold?

:)

Thanks
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: Caneh

Post by CanEh »

well... not many people use the lobby anymore, times have changed. With that said, all you need is the GUID of the game and the EXE name, and you can "make your own"... if you find that it works correctly, let me know the info and I can add it into a permanent list.

Most of the direct play type games work this way, although not all of them
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

When Cyborg passed away at the end of April, we were forced to change server locations. Our old system was running Ubuntu 12, the new one is 18.. The changes in the Linux version required the lobby server to be re-compiled on the new system. This compile failed because of the changes to Linux, requiring a new version of the LUA scripting language. Several of the API calls within LUA have also changed, in addition the DLL's (dot A files) changed from 2 API's to one code. When I first started to compile, I had about 80 errors to clean up due to code changes. I am down to about 6 now, mostly related to opening configuration files and the conversion of LUA state calls for string conversions. The docs for LUA are not all that intuitive for using the new routines they have, so its a challenge to figure them out.

The new server here is currently not running the lobby code. Once that is done, if it gets done, there are also changes that need to be made to the communications DLL the client uses to connect into the new server IP. Since this is windows based, there shouldn't be any problems in updating that DLL. I just haven't had the time to handle all of the work required at this point. It was a massive challenge just to get the old site into a new system.

With that said, I generally had no problems in running *most of the Mech games, except for one... can't remember specifically which one it was but it had to do with creating teams. That particular one WOULD run, but it could not create the team side of things. This had to do with a change in the way that particular game ran, and it required a LAN type connection instead of the normal direct play connections that most of the old zone games worked with.

As for the source code, that will never be released. Decades of work has gone into the system, and I have no intentions of giving that work up. I am still attempting to get the LUA side sorted out, but it is a slow process right at the moment.
AncientxFreako

Post by AncientxFreako »

You might be referring to Pirate's Moon, which changed multiplayer by placing teamplay within the multiplayer hosting options. So, team play for PM is not a lobby consideration. Would love to hear from you CanEh, hoping you'll at least stop by the discord I sent an invite in pm.
Click my sig for the Mod Website:
Just give me my KaliYama Deathblooms and an AC10 and I'll be happy
mrhardees

Re: Crimson skies

Post by mrhardees »

Hello I tried to download Crimson Skies as a backup the link is broke.
mrhardees

Post by mrhardees »

Hello neither the game lobby nor crimson skies links works nor does the tail hookers bar and grill. I want to get a backup copy. Thank you
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

The CS program link has been updated. The game lobby program link is correct, it takes you to a forum post that details the correct install functions and a link at the bottom of the post for the software.