Youtube channel wants YOU!!!!

Crimson Skies, Microsoft Flight Simulator... or another of your choice!
xImpalerx

Youtube channel wants YOU!!!!

Post by xImpalerx »

Hey guys, I'm Impaler from the Barely Adequate Gamers. I just started a new series called BAGer Classics and Crimson Skies is my first game. I have footage for the first 4 missions and am currently rendering/uploading the first one.
I've read that DBS is undergoing some problems concerning the server but I've always had faith in dedicated groups like this and thought perhaps you guys would like to be featured on Youtube for some multyplayer.

I've owned Crimson Skies from the time it came out but never really got into online play. At the time I was a hard core Xwing vs TIE Fighter player. I'd really like to get some aces who know what they are doing... or at least barely adequate pilots.

If you would like to see what I'm doing with Crimson Skies on Youtube so far let me know and I'll post up a link. I know that a lot of groups don't care for people coming in and advertising so I'm very careful about that and know I'm pushing my limits as it is if you have a hard stance against it.
My intent is more to bring the DBS CS community in as honored guests of the BAGers

Please keep in touch and I'll see you in the skies!
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: Youtube channel wants YOU!!!!

Post by CanEh »

Your title looked like spam, and to be honest I was hesitant in approving it. With that said I do want to make it clear there are no "major" problems here... in fact, you could consider it to be growing pains, and nothing more.

This is just a change of physical locations, to a larger service than we had before. It will let more lobbies be on line (if needed), better operations for TeamSpeak, the database, etc.

Slowly, word is spreading. Crimson is coming back, thanks to the efforts of the community. The video fixes we now have are helping many with newer machines to be able to once again, play online.

Providing your "tube" links reference the PC game, and hopefully mention the system here, I don't think there will be an issue. If not... well.. then don't post them. :) Either way, folks are here to enjoy what is offered.
xImpalerx

Post by xImpalerx »

woot.. been waiting all day for this to be approved :D
I read the message about the first post after posting and was crossing my fingers that I wouldn't get deleted so thanks. Also from the goodbye message it seemed that things looked to be going okay but it was still up in the air, fantastic news that everything is not just going to continue but upgrade as well.

My first two videos are uploaded.. I already have two more to render (I couldn't stop playing).

My main reason for coming here wasn't so much to advertise but to eventually record a solid multi player game with some decent pilots. What I mean by "decent" pilots is.. well.. I had something of a fail in the first freaking mission. I'll give you a hint. HELLO CLIFF!! Thankfully it didn't kill me and I finished the video in one take.

I'll put the link to the first one so you guys can check it out and figure out who would be interested in making a video with me.

http://youtu.be/eTWP-T0ASpA

Don't worry about the cropping or the audio level too much, I made some adjustments to the next video and everything seems a bit better.

Thanks again for accepting me and please let me know if you want to get some games recorded and uploaded. You can tell all of your friends that you are a youtube star! :D
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

"you had to be here" to understand... The title and wording of the "time to say goodbye" post was done deliberatly ... you see, we spend a lot of time in Teamspeak, and I've been dragging the site owner into private talks for weeks, and then coming out of them and re-joining the others... all with a sad tone of voice. Over time, things were mentioned that... if you didn't know the whole story... it would seem like the world was coming to an end.

The "goodbye" post was created specifically to drag out the "oh crap, its closing"... making people scroll down to finish reading it, to find out I've been pulling their legs for a couple of weeks. It was funnier than hell...

Right after I save this post, I am taking the forum portion of the system offline, so that proper data backups can be done. In a few hours, the DNS entry will be changed to point to the new server system... and THAT system is also offline (web wise), with the intent of making a clean and proper change over. There will be down time, as it can take up to 24 hours for DNS entries to transpose over the internet... so you won't even see this until you are on the new system.

Many of the Crimson players do the FRAPS thing. It all could be done to youtube... but I don't think many of them care all that much. But perhaps I am wrong. Time will tell.
xImpalerx

Post by xImpalerx »

O.o Maybe we should change the name of this post to "Youtube wants YOU.....and some site updates too" LOL

I can't find any youtube CS multiplayer games. If there are other youtubers here or at least have an account to upload, a multi view game with links to each other's view I think would be awesome! That way not only could people fly with me in a panic as my plane is getting swiss cheesed by ace pilots but ride with the aces and watch them rip me apart :p
No I'm not down on myself I just know how it goes... no matter how good you are on single player you will get your butt handed to you the first time you play online. My Xwing vs TIE Fighter days tells me that much... took me a while before I could start putting up good K/D ratios and fly with invite only squads at the old Zone.
Onionbag

Post by Onionbag »

Great Video ;-)
xImpalerx

Post by xImpalerx »

Well.. I had the pleasure of meeting a number of you and got a good first impression.
A bunch of grumpy old farts. Not in the "you kids get off my lawn" kinda way, more of the kind of guys who will tell you they don't wanna be pestered... right before they tell you a cool story.... the best kinda grumpy old farts.

All kidding aside, (well, half kidding anyway :twisted: ) those who I've met so far have been great and will put balls to the wall to help you. (That means full throttle for those who don't know your WWII flight terms... not THOSE kinda balls)

For example I.. an american.. was talking to NathanZachary via Skype.. who was making a phone call back to the US through a New York number.. to an american (netgear) company's tech support department... that was outsourced to India. :roll:
The best advice out of the three places we called was (get this) search Google!! :evil:

Anyway, I need to fully test it but I think my issues are solved now thanks in part to the WONDERFUL people in the group.

I'll be putting up another recording soon on the BAGrs channel and I'll make sure to give you guys a shoutout.. I think I'm on Mission 7 now.

I'm havin fun here already and I have yet to play a game! That should tell ya something.
Onionbag

Post by Onionbag »

I started to play the missions this AM after watching that video, but i didn't bump into a wall while flying !!!
LOLz
xImpalerx

Post by xImpalerx »

*palms face* yeah.. that was embarrassing.. I was hoping I would crash so I could redo the video.
NathanZachary

Post by NathanZachary »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DObjkHD ... hSuP1yUK_w
my first attempt go easy on me im a old man :oops:
If It Don't Fit Don't Force it' use a bigger hammer