Crimson Skies

Crimson Skies, Microsoft Flight Simulator... or another of your choice!
BlackRain

Re: Crimson Skies

Post by BlackRain »

i put together an old XP computer to play here...my Z77 Win7 wouldnt play the game, i still have some downloads to do here, i''ll take care of that tomorrow.

so.. =SAF=Black_Rain is back. cant wait to fly again.
CHRONIC

Post by CHRONIC »

Hey BlackRain long time no see. If you install teamspeak 3 and go to http://digitalbloodsports.com you can click on teamspeak and join the lobby you can even see who is in the ts3 lobby from http://digitalbloodsports.com. It will be easyer for one of us to help you get your game working from coms. Most of the people on com can help you unless taz is online see you there.

Chronic
Black_Rain

Post by Black_Rain »

I still cant get this running on win 7.. I bought and old laptop with a real old graphics card.. no luck. i'll keep trying. I got a real old HP Pavilion 512 mb RAM.. maybe that will fly .? i got a new CD cant download any of the new CS fixes. I'm on facebook as gary combs image is a tall skinny kid leaning on a 1960 VW bug.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Guessing you forgot your old password? :) Anyway..

The link on our main website will download the full 1.02 release, with all of the patches and video card fixes already installed and set to go. Included in the download, is the latest Plane Builder program (note: some AV programs will flag this as a virus.. it is not, I can guarantee that because I coded it myself) and a fairly complete set of default planes built.

http://www.tailhookersbarandgrill.com is the direct link

Have people on 7, 8, 8.1 and 10... If you still have issues, drop into teamspeak... and if you want your "old" account back, that too is possible... unless you changed your email address. But we can solve that too. :)
Twinkie13

Post by Twinkie13 »

Hello. I was wandering if you were still able to get Crimson Skies to work under windows 7? Also is the game available to download as I can't find my original CD?
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

See the previous post
CommissarRasher

Post by CommissarRasher »

I have a persistent and game breaking issue trying to run Crimson Skies on my modern machine, been searching for months for a fix, nothing so far.

When I play, the game speed constantly changes, it slows down to a crawl, then jumps forward, then slows down again, the game is never at a proper playable speed, oscillating between unplayably slow and unplayably fast. All the sound plays fine, music and character dialogue runs at normal speed, but the gameplay is all over the place.

I installed the 1.02 patch and the win7 fix as instructed, which fixed the graphical issues, but still nothing for the actual game.

I have a GTX 950 graphics card and an AMD FX-8300 eight core processor, with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system.

After all my searching I've never even heard of anyone mentioning this issue.
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

Hey there all!

I' so friggin' happy I got my Crimson Skies working VERY WELL on Windows 10 and got my DBS working finally! Hope to see some of you online in the Crimson Skies sometime!

If you want to play online sometime, just message us at http://facebook.com/groups/blackjackshangar/ then we can figure out a time to meet up at DBS to play! :D
DELMAR

Post by DELMAR »

Does despite everything anybody have a connection, or downloaded, that utility that used to exist where you could rapidly assemble a plane on the web, and utilizing a more extensive scope of hues also? I think it was on a French or Italian site, with an animation feline for their mascot?
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

The Crimson Skies Plane Builder program was based on the code from the site you are talking about. See the ZIP link at the bottom of this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=389 ... The link for CS itself is no longer valid, but the plane builder is an internal attachment. Dot net code is required in order to run it, and you *may* get a virus warning. It is a false positive, I guarantee there are NO viruses in the program.