Mechcommander Info

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
popnstop

Re: Mechcommander Info

Post by popnstop »

hi, would be great to play this again, but keep ongetting application failed to initialise properly....help
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Are you talking about the Reverb client giving you that error, or the game itself? If you are talking about the client, then I would need more information. It's possible that it might be a 'permissions' error, are you trying to run this using an administrator account?
Commander_Klank

Post by Commander_Klank »

links to the rooms would be cool...
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Links to the rooms... as in website launching? The client side program is not a web application, but it can be made to run from the website by using a BHO (browser helper object). The web doesn't require a login therefore you would still need to enter your name/pw and game selection. The web fella is working on some changes to display the lobby info though, not sure what's taking him so long...
Commander_Klank

Post by Commander_Klank »

Thanks, I got everything up and running; MCG ran just great. Unfortunately my encounter in the lobby wasn't a pleasant one...

PM sent.
Rider

Post by Rider »

Hello, i'm sorry for the unpleasent encounters you have had, i agree the MCG lobby is getting a bit out of control when it comes to new comers, people just automatically think there someone else hiding and judge them which is petty and rediculous and also stopping new comers from playing, i will be having serious words with the Mech community.

As for the Web

Caneh - I will speak to you when your next oneline
-Reverb needs to progress we need all the players we can get.
http://www.mechcommander.org - Download the games for free now! Play them @ reverbgaming.com now!
Cope57

Post by Cope57 »

Well here I am wanting to start back into Mechs. Which ones are supported for this lobby client?

I have not downloaded any of the games, but I do have the CD's to these mech games.
  • MechCommander
  • MechCommander Gold
  • MechCommander 2
  • MechWarrior3
  • MechWarrior4 Vengence
  • MechWarrior4 Black Knight
I believe I also have MechWarrior Mercs, but can not locate it at this present time.

Can I still use the CD's, or do I need to download them? I was reading about some games not using CD's any longer, and can run the game without the CD. What patches do I need, and where should I get them?

Oh, the MechCommander.org site is down at this time, so is MekTek the only place to get the patches, and do I need to also download their patched versions for the different games?

I just copied and pasted what I attempted to post in another thread, but after submitting the post, it just brought me back to the same thread without my post...
So, I went back a page, copied my text I attempted to submit, and am now submitting my post here in this thread instead.
Computers do not have problems, they have users.
~Cope57
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I don't play Mech... some of the lobbies work fine, some will launch the games fine but perhaps the 'team play' option isn't available in the menu. We probably need to do a cleanup on the Mech lobbies and sort out exactly what is what. I heard that the MekTek was supposed to have gotten the game source code and was (or did) release a free version. However I also heard they bastardized the code, and *their* version no longer responds to how the direct play code is supposed to work. I've also heard they have gotten a little bitchy at the people who use the system and are demanding donations to keep it alive. But maybe I'm wrong.

If you can stand some of the arrogant people that play here in the Mech Gold side, I'd say visit that lobby here. I would also look for Perigren (perhaps look at his profile and his posts) who has been working to get more of the Mech types of players here.

THIS particular site does not carry any of the ISO type game images, you still have to have the game installed in order to play. I am sure there are lots of places those can be.... acquired.
Cope57

Post by Cope57 »

Hello CanEh,

As I mentioned, I already have the original .ISO's, but was wondering do I needed anything else besides the DBS client and the CD's to play multi-player?

Do I need to download any additional patches to play online?
Computers do not have problems, they have users.
~Cope57
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

The client's function is to handle the chat side of putting a game together, and to launch the game with the others in the same game table. The game has to exist, the game has to be the right version. If you are in a game table, launch the game.... and the game actually runs, then chances are you have the right version.

By the way, I passed your private message on to FknDummBstrd .... please address inquiries to him since I no longer manage the site...