Mektek MW4Mercs

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
Baz

Mektek MW4Mercs

Post by Baz »

Hi
I need some help here if possible.
final version of Mektek MW4Mercs - 51.03.01.0030 (may have to hunt around to find this 2gig zip)
There is no installer with this download, just unzip it somewhere and run.
So if no previous version from CD exists then there appears to be no GUID and DXDIAG does not see it.
(thats if the GUID from a previous CD version is valid, also there is no .ICD with 51.03.01.0030, well there maybe but 0 bytes)

The only GUID i can find with 51.03.01.0030 is this but it does not work in the Host Setting 'manual'
userGuid="caeef438-4671-4290-10404b9972022b10"

There is another way to install but is long winded and requires the original CD's + lots of patches to get to 0030 (This is where lots of errors are generally seen)

Maybe possible to install from CD then drop 0030 into it , will have to give that a go :)

Any ideas
Thanks
Baz
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: Mektek MW4Mercs

Post by CanEh »

There has been a discussion on this here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=564

I can only suggest you read through the thread and see what applies (or not) to the issues you have. I can't help more than that, because I don't have the game, never played any of the mech stuff at all...
Baz

Post by Baz »

Hi CanEh
I did spot that thread but as it was 1 year old i thought i would start afresh, some admin don't like bumping old threads :roll:
I will add to that thread later.
Cheers
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

We are pretty easy going here. This is all about the love of gaming when gaming was the cool thing to do. If youve poked around you will find that we like to help, even when it may lead to other systems getting some of the traffic we would like. Naturally, there are limits, such as what the Mech Gold folks were doing. Profanity and abuse aside, they persisted with racial lines... something that I personally have zero tolerance on. But they crossed the line when they took their harassment and abuse to our other gaming lobbies and started pissing off our other gaming folks.

Course, that was back when each game had its own lobby server. Since then, we have combined all of the games into one lobby, which allows all players of all types to interact. We may not draw a huge number of people here, but what we have is of really decent quality. I personally (again) will take quality over quantity any day.

You may see a lot of responses from me... even though I no longer operate the system. Nathan Zachary has take over everything, and has a full license to operate the system in any way he wishes. My own gaming time has been quite limited for a while, but I hang around here to help with everything, when help is needed... Because I still believe...
LaocheXe

Post by LaocheXe »

I can't reply or update that thread lol so here I will post in here.

2 ways to get the game today since Mektek shut down the mech support to work on a new game.

1: Go to ClanCoyote.com and download the MXC client - ClanCoyote.com - MXC Download - Also with this client you can download all the custom maps and map packs.
2: Go to Shadows-Of-Empirion.de - Here you can get a custom installer for the game - It installs the game all the way to the last patch of the free release and adds the SoE maps - SoE Download section - Get it from here *(USE GOOGLE CHROM)SoE Mekpak 3.1 Standalone Installer v0.91(Why use google? Because that Mega.co.nz site likes it better than any other browser. - I tried Firefox but never worked)

Also the eWL Lobby Patcher link has been updated - ClanCoyote.com - Utilities section - It's now known as LaocheXe Lobby Patcher - Has a new UI and what not - This will help you play the MechWarrior 4 Mercs free-release on DBS or any other CD-Rom lobby system (wont help for gameranger)
You can also get it from here - eWL Download ****Edit*** - Update link since eWL Domain Name has issues

Also trying to install 0030 with the retail (CD version) of the game wont work - It's not a patch - its a whole new game - Also Anti-Virus software does detect the MW4Mercs.exe as a virus/trojain because it's a nd/cd patch - I use Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Anti-Virus software for XP+ (You have to have a legit copy of windows) - I am virus clean and it doesn't detect MW4Mercs as a threat. Yes MekTek talk to Norton and AVG and other anti-virus providers and at one point then did allow it but Norton and AVG went back on it - so it detects it.
NathanZachary

Post by NathanZachary »

As most of you know i play mostly Crimson Skies but i have many of the games of the games we support installed so i will follow your link and install MW4 P.S I know nothing about how this game works so i will need help come find me in lobby and on Teamspeak
If It Don't Fit Don't Force it' use a bigger hammer