MechCommander GUID

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
bIoHaZaRd

MechCommander GUID

Post by bIoHaZaRd »

Is the MechCommander GUID on the ReverbGaming system or just MechCommander Gold?

Bio
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: MechCommander GUID

Post by CanEh »

You didn't say what version, but Mech Commander 1, 2, and Gold "guid's" are all there in the active lobbies. Gold is the most popular from that series, the others don't seem to draw many players...
bIoHaZaRd

Post by bIoHaZaRd »

Well that's because those MCG players can't play the game without their rail guns and Stiletto scout mech. Everyone knows the real players are the original Mplayer MC crowd ;)
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I have never played the game series, it was never "my thing" because I am more of a racer and flyer. I used to visit the lobby and chat but their attitudes in there have left me with no desire to do that either... Quite a few of them appear to be decent people but some of them are...

And I'll leave it at that. :)
bIoHaZaRd

Post by bIoHaZaRd »

Well there were many MechCommander communities, such as Heat, Kali, Mplayer, GameSpy and the Zone. I can imagine which one it is that you went into but I won't mention it ;)

As you are still building your user base, it might be an idea to have a general lobby where any game can be hosted, with the option to join a game-specific lobby?
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

There are lots of things I would like to do. When this all started, it was to make it as much like the Zone in operation as possible, while fixing many of the things the Zone didn't, and adding in features the Zone wouldn't. The problem now, is not many play the old games anymore, therefore the incentive to keep re-creating isn't there. I have been tinkering with new client/server code, however Reverb doesn't supply income, and real life comes first.
DDragon

Post by DDragon »

Well there is always free advertising lol IE u find a site that supports the MechCommander (and the other games listed for the client) and see if they are willing to post a back track to this site so you get more of a user base going (i see u have done somthing to that effect as i found this site and client thru another forum)

How long exactly has this been in operation?
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

The original system, SlideGamers, was created in May of 2006 and went live in July of 2006.
WCS_Avalon

Post by WCS_Avalon »

I love you Bio! xxx
BLADE

Post by BLADE »

Zone was bollocks!

gieeeef Mplayer lobby circa 1998!