Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
Doum

Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance

Post by Doum »

Wenesday i was playing Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance on IP and we fill the server with players. Not many can play it now since the zone is down so we were 16 players and server was full. More could and want to come but couldnt (Knew that by msn contact). We cant be all there together. So i was wondering how many would come if you install it here to be play. May be many will come back to it if it doesnt lag (IP). If it is install here then i think a few will come and try it then if it play well, ear to ear will bring more as it bring many on the IP game we played each wenesday night. I'm thinking about vengeance version 3 here and we use the 2 clan pack. Waiting in hope of a yes answer! :mrgreen:
MPIWentBallistic

Re: Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance

Post by MPIWentBallistic »

I would like to play M4V, been many years. Just installed will look 4 players 2nite I have 4, inner sphere and clan pack expansions, no mercenaries but would be willing to find it if needed.
MPI_Went
Perigren

Post by Perigren »

FYI, reverb already supports mw4v. it is labled mw4. 20 tables that support 16 ppl each thats what...320 . is that enough?
Doum

Post by Doum »

No! that Mechwarrior 4 is for "Mechwarrior mercenary version 302b" only. There aint any server for "Mechwarrior 4 vengeance version 3" wich is older then mercenary 302b. I know because i try the reverb mw4 and it work for Mercenary 302b only and not for vengeance V3. But having one would be great. Many have left mercenary because they didnt like it. Or went there because there wasnt anymore vengeance server. I think many might come to a "MWvengeance server v 3" in here. When i go into the reverb mw4 302b there aint anyone. On ip, there are more then 16 coming to play "MW4 vengeance" even if it lag. So i hope it will be possible to try MW4 Vengeance V3 in reverb. Thank you for your consideration of it. :)
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

So many versions of Mech.. unreal! LOL

I can create a lobby for "that" version, providing its a direct play type of game. Chances are that if you played it in the zone, you can play it here. But I do need some information in order to create the lobby. Can you please run DXDIAG and look at the Networking tab? In that tab is a list of the dplayable lobbies, and within that list there should be an entry for that version of the game.

I need the GUID number thats shown, and I need the name of the EXE file that the game runs under. Once I have that, it will only take a few minutes to get the lobby running.
MPIWentBallistic

Thanks

MechWarrior Vengeance

MW4.ICD

Version 1.30.0004.1908

Guid {D5FF7895-8113-479F-BBD5-D395E551D0A8} 3rd from last is zero

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Vengeance\mw4.exe"

I have the Clan pack and Inner Sphere expansions installed and a patch was installed when the Clan went in. I downloaded the version 3.0 patch and it is the one in the Clan pack.
MPIWentBallistic

I'm going on vacation and will be back on the 15th.
Have a good week.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Lobby created. Let me know if there are any issues. It is set for 20 tables, 16 people max per table. Remember that it is the person who launches as host that will be the "game server", so hopefully their system has the cpu power and bandwidth to handle that traffic.

Also as a note, by default we try to allow "re-launches" into a game. This typically means that someone who has had a glitch can try to get back into the game without the host having to return back to the menu system, and it can allow others to enter a game table and potentially "join in progress". I am not sure if that game supports those options or not, but it is something you can test out and see what happens.

Enjoy :)
Doum

Post by Doum »

Thank you CanEh,

I try it and it work for me alone. Now i'm spreading the word about it and we will see how many will come. :)
MPIWentBallistic

Works for Me also, Got back early. snowmobiling turned into rainmobiling.
Thanks