ummmm

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
Vegeta

ummmm

Post by Vegeta »

hey it's me your fav lobby camper, anyways just have a few questions for you guys, so is this going to be any problems with the new mek update that mektek is bringing out on the severs? will you be updating? and also i would like to give you my msn CanEh cuz you be droping in the room when i'm like playing in game all the time just hit me up, ive been playing mech for long time and can help you out if needed, like extra admins or lobby monitor whateva pimp? also i play every mech game you have on this thing =) Rhodesrian @ live.com
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: ummmm

Post by CanEh »

Vegeta wrote:hey it's me your fav lobby camper, anyways just have a few questions for you guys, so is this going to be any problems with the new mek update that mektek is bringing out on the severs? will you be updating? and also i would like to give you my msn CanEh cuz you be droping in the room when i'm like playing in game all the time just hit me up, ive been playing mech for long time and can help you out if needed, like extra admins or lobby monitor whateva pimp? also i play every mech game you have on this thing =)
I generally pass through most lobbies from time to time, just to see how things are going. I've never played any of the MECH games, other than for testing the launching sides for 2 versions. Of course everyone always says "you should" but...

As for the free release that Smith & Tinker have given the MekTek folks permission to do... I guess a lot of it depends on exactly what they create for an install bundle. If they do not mess with the GUID for the game, then it should work just fine. It may have "addons" packaged with it that will direct a connection towards their 'master' server when that addon is run, which should not affect the game play here. However if they change the GUID and hard code the connection to require people to play at their master server.... well, that would be a shame.

As for lobby monitors... when it comes to the CDROM based lobbies specifically, we tend to let the people that play figure out where the line is when it comes to acting up. Unlike the old zone days, pretty much everyone is an adult and have been playing these games for a long time. While that is no excuse to just bucketmouth... it is the way the game and the MECH community is (as well as the other cdrom games). We do tend to get a little annoyed with some of the sexual references and wish that some people would grab a brain (rolls eyes) however there is that fine line when it comes to racial comments that people simply should not cross. Our support email is tied into a msn account, and we do respond to lobby abuse complaints from the abuse email account. I will once again take the opportunity to remind the CDROM folks that what they can get away with in those lobbies won't apply to the card/board based lobbies (as they become active).

I was tempted to remove your msn addy posted, but I have edited it so that bot scanners won't pick up the email, and so that others in the MECH side can still figure out how to add you in to arrange some game play. :)
Perigren

Post by Perigren »

check out the reverb topic at mektek, one of the admins addressed the issue of tying reverb to their master server list.
BigFang

Post by BigFang »

Vegeta <3 Yer one of my favorite targets...

:mrgreen: