how do i join a multiplayer game in mechcommander 2?

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
bf2multi100

how do i join a multiplayer game in mechcommander 2?

Post by bf2multi100 »

when i join a room for the program i launch the game but how do i join the guys in my room i just room? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Signed bf2multi100 (a.k.a. mechcommander 2 fan and battlefield series fan)
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: how do i join a multiplayer game in mechcommander 2?

Post by CanEh »

First off, welcome to our little world. :)

One of the issues we are facing is getting back to being known for what we did under the SlideGamers name. We are a small group of support people, facing a huge task of rebuilding the CDROM clients we used to have prior to moving to another site that was hosting our software. And at the same time, we don't have the people to create some of what we had before, "presence-wise".

Because these are older games, getting the people from all over in, at times when others are around, seems to be the challange. The old "zone" days are gone, where there were hundreds of people online 24-7. So we have created a forum where you can post the times that you are around to play.

The CDROM lobbies all operate the same way, and how well certain functions work, depends on what the game itself supports. For example, the "join in progress" in some games, will take you directly into the action of the game being played, while in other games it would take you into the launching menu of the game instead of joining the action. The feature was made so that people who got "glitched out" could re-enter a game "in progress", without having everyone in the game being forced to return to the lobby and then re-launch.

Clearly, you need to have more than one person in your game table. Only those in the same table will be able to play in the same game. In other words, the table doesn't know about any other games being played, either here, or any where else.

If a game is launched with at least 2 players, and the connection(s) to the other players fail, then you are having a port issue. Your post isn't really clear on exactly what the problem is, so perhaps you can expand a bit more.
bf2multi100

Post by bf2multi100 »

well what i mean is that when i have 2 or more people in a room ready to play, then when i launch the game and go to multiplayer from there how do i get to the room play so i can play witht the people i have selected?
Signed bf2multi100 (a.k.a. mechcommander 2 fan and battlefield series fan)
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

bf2multi100 wrote:well what i mean is that when i have 2 or more people in a room ready to play, then when i launch the game and go to multiplayer from there how do i get to the room play so i can play witht the people i have selected?
Hmmm, this sounds a little confusing. Are you launching with the launch button in the game table? If so, does it put you in to the multiplayer "menu" stuff within the game? (I don't play Mech but I am going to ASSume that there is some form of "here are the players, set up the game parms, times etc)

If you are using the launch button, then the other people who are in your table will also launch. From looking at the server logs, it appears you are launching, that you have the right GUID values etc, because the system is sending the instructions for the other people in your room to launch as well.

When you launch as host, you are actually the game server itself. Other people connect to you in order to play, and they have to be at the same table you are at. It wasn't clear in the logs if you had other people in the room. There is a forum setup so you can post when you are available to play so that others can try to match the times when you might be around. Get a hold of your friends, others with the game... spread the word. We try to make sure what we have works, but we can't go around grabbing people to bring them in here. That's up to the users to get things going with these older games.