For the MC2 Semi-Regulars

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
wand_mc2

For the MC2 Semi-Regulars

Post by wand_mc2 »

To:

kilroy
be0wulf
gobo_v2
eatyourbeans
michgod
somni
gh_wildcat
der_kaiser
commander_klank
tropico

i was thinking that we should setup a meeting time to play together so that we can all play at the same time and stop missing eachother on the reverb lobby.

for the past few days, me, gobo, and sometimes be0wulf have been playing almost consistently at 8pm gmt-6. since i know people like somni and michgod can't do that since they're both gmt+1, i was thinking we could make it a bit earlier, say 5pm gmt-6. what do you guys think? i'm willing to play both at night and in the afternoon. we can have it be like 2 sessions of gameplay.

the only catch for me personally is that i won't be able to do it on wednesdays. i have something to take care of wednesday evenings.

so yeah post here so we know you're alive and well! we keep missing eachother on reverb all the time lately.
-wand_mc2
Gobo_v2

Re: For the MC2 Semi-Regulars

Post by Gobo_v2 »

well earlier is better for me, but tbh i can play anytime so not bothered either way... just post a time up and ill try 2 be there :)
EatYourBeans

Post by EatYourBeans »

Great idea. I haven't checked the lobby in a while, but I can check here whenever to know what's going on. :)

No more mooching off of another board
Vaygar

Post by Vaygar »

Mind if I join in?

I'm in GMT-4, (Eastern Standard Time) I think.
wand_mc2

Post by wand_mc2 »

hey guys

be0wulf's uncle died and without his constant replies of "Roger" and "i will make you my bondsman" comments, i felt a little too down to play =(.

i will be here this evening though, in american time. how about 6pm gmt-6?
GR00V3R

Post by GR00V3R »

GR00V3R here. Just introducing myself. :)

Long time MC2 player...but it was long ago, too, so "the mad skills" are somewhat less than "mad" these days.

Hope to see some of you around the client for a game here or there. :D
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

You will find people here, however at this point in our new "life cycle", finding someone within the same times that you have available can... and lets be honest here... difficult.

The days of the zone are over. What we are trying to do is give the MECH community, as a whole, a place where they can bring their friends in to play. Our advertising budget is zero. Therefore in order to keep this all alive, it is up to the users to spread the word.

Hopefully what we make, will work for most people. The typical problems are the same now as they were back in the zone days... People need the right version of the game (if you go into a lobby, host a table, click on launch... and your game opens then you *usually* have the right version) and they need their routers to have the ports open that the game needs. They also need to make sure that if they have a firewall running, that the game has the permissions to run and host.

Some people also have problems with the scrolling of chat in the lobby area. This is directly tied to having IE8 on their system and we have tried to make adjustments for those people. For some it works fine, for others it doesn't. And if it doesn't then at this moment the only solution is to nuke IE8, turn off the automatic windows updates and then when you do run the windows update, tell it to always ignore the IE8 download.
GR00V3R

Post by GR00V3R »

Thanks for the heads-up, mate. I love what you guys are doing--mega ku dos.

I will spread the word among my ArmA 2 clan-mates--many of them are MC2 fans from back in the day; more word-of-mouth can only be a good thing. :)
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

And we do appreciate it. :mrgreen: There is no cost to play here, we don't have folks running around with tools to thwap you upside the head, etc. These cdrom based games bring out the "uglies" in language because it is a part of the game. Generally speaking, providing those temper flareups are game/combat/****** kinda thing, we really don't care. There is a line of course and we will step in to deal with it IF it is necessary. In the cdrom environment, there is a lot more latitude given. We do want to take the opportunity to remind folks that we are bringing up some card/board games (both Hearts and Backgammon are in development, with Hearts being in "semi-demonstrative" production right now and BG will hopefully be released in a week or so) and in those lobbies that "bad language" element is *definately* not going to be wanted.

There are LOTS of configuration options available from the configure button in the client, and both the players lists in the main lobby and in te game room are left/right clickable with a large number of options (one of our favorites is the ability to swap who is the room host without having to leave the room) that you can explore. Options vary based on who you right/left click on, and if you are using the lobby list or the room list... and where the other person is and what they are doing.

We have built in some extra goodies to make it a little more "fun" (see the various posts on clans and memberships) that we do offer available from a donation basis. It's our way of actually giving you something extra to show for donations made.

Have fun, where ever it is that you play at... Oh yeah, the free release of Mech 4 that is coming also works here too!
housegnome

Post by housegnome »

I litterly just downloaded the programs. Can anyone tell me how it works. I am a noob when it comes to Reverb. I haven't played multiplayer since it was still on Zone.