For the MC2 Semi-Regulars

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
Perigren

Re: For the MC2 Semi-Regulars

Post by Perigren »

not much different than the zone was visually, but is nothing like the zone when it comes to support. CanEh has added some functionality that the zone never had,you can read about it here in the forums.

Welcome to the small but growing reverb family.
housegnome

Post by housegnome »

Thanks. I will have to read up. I am slowly collecting my Mech games again.
Commander_Klank

Post by Commander_Klank »

Is anybody still around? I'm back into the game; I have both MCG and MC2 ud and running. The MCG run multi for sure as I've played a few games. Unfortunatly the players in the MCG lobby are Is anybody still around? I'm back into the game; I have both MCG and MC2 up and running. The MCG runs multi for sure as I've played a few games. Unfortunately many of the regular players in the MCG lobby are openly hostile towards new players who haven’t mastered the finer points of the game to the point of where they try and drive them away… Needless to say I’m looking for a better crowd to hang out with and play this game with (both MCG and MC2).

E-mail me at squigoth@yahoo.com

I’m in Central Texas so that’s Central time Zone (USA)

I can play Friday and Saturday nights and allot of weekend nights now as I’m on temporary disability recovering from a hip replacement…

Hope to heard for someone soon….

Commander Klank
Roadwarrior

Post by Roadwarrior »

Been a long time since Ive played Mecommander, I think the last time was when I was 8 or something lol(I'm 16 now)
I'll start being semi regular guy here once I download MC2/G and re-install MC1 from the disk.
NeverEverSatisfied

Post by NeverEverSatisfied »

That is an always has been the biggest problem with MC period. People that think they are some type of great strategist or they hack. This is what does not let the community go and expand. I as well am one of the first people on MC1 and played the rest of the series out. (Not under this name of course.) I have seen some of the bigger problem people are still around as well as the lobby campers. These are the same problems that most of those old support sites had; too many people running their mouth and not enough people playing. I have played on and off since The Zone died off. I am by no means anywhere near as good as I used to be either, and for that matter, I don't even remember half the buttons to press.

I know of 6 people for sure that still play, but refuse to play online because it is the same immature crap that was going on 10 years ago. I lost my MCG CD and had formatted my computer so I lost all the files. Then I was asked to play after not even thinking about it for a couple years. So I then came looking to see if it was free to get, and then I find all these sites. It is neat to see that a classic is still going, but annoying to see the same problems that plagued it a decade ago.

If you ever see me on, you can be assured it will be good old fashioned playing with out the garbage from days past.
SL11nK

Post by SL11nK »

Hey old time MC2 player here and everyone from the Zone is wanting to come back and play, the only issue im having with the client is when i go to launch it just takes me to the menu of the game start up, is this because i dont have the correct version or because certain ports are not open, I also would like to know what ports do need to be open so i can do that. Thank you.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

If the lobby client runs the game when you go into a table and click 'launch', then most likely you have the correct game/version/guid etc. Most launch problems after that, have got to do with the issue of ports.

This post http://www.reverbgaming.com/forums/view ... f=10&t=180 gives you the standard direct play ports used by most of the direct play games. It is (almost) exactly the same as the Zone was, except we don't require some of the ports that the Zone did FOR the zone. In other words, you needed some additional ports open to access the zone extras, such as zone friends etc.

It's also possible that you might have some firewall issues, where you need to give permissions to the game to access the internet. I would suggest that if you are using a router, that you turn off the windows firewall itself, because it's fairly useless.

Mech Commander 2 (for reference) has a game GUID of 35DC7890-C5EF-4171-B0CF-4D5C7AE7C2D7, and you can verify your version by running the dx diagnostics (start-run-dxdiag) and looking at the Networking tab. In the center of that tab is a list of the dplayable games. Note, if you are running vista, that information is not displayed.

If you make router config changes, I always recommend rebooting before testing another launch.
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

Commander_Klank wrote:Is anybody still around? I'm back into the game; I have both MCG and MC2 ud and running. The MCG run multi for sure as I've played a few games. Unfortunatly the players in the MCG lobby are Is anybody still around? I'm back into the game; I have both MCG and MC2 up and running. The MCG runs multi for sure as I've played a few games. Unfortunately many of the regular players in the MCG lobby are openly hostile towards new players who haven’t mastered the finer points of the game to the point of where they try and drive them away… Needless to say I’m looking for a better crowd to hang out with and play this game with (both MCG and MC2).

E-mail me at squigoth@yahoo.com

I’m in Central Texas so that’s Central time Zone (USA)

I can play Friday and Saturday nights and allot of weekend nights now as I’m on temporary disability recovering from a hip replacement…

Hope to heard for someone soon….

Commander Klank
Hey, I am in Texas, too. San Antonio, to be exact. I played MC2 on the zone during the TCL days, and am interested in getting back into playing it. I just found out about this site, so that is really good news! Maybe we can play a few games sometime. Catch ya later.

Cheetah
FknDummBstrd
Site Admin

Post by FknDummBstrd »

We have just installed a Teamspeak 3 server for all users of DigitalBloodSports.com the server address is Games.DigitalBloodSports.com
I will make a lobby for MC2 Semi-Regulars
pyroteknik12

Post by pyroteknik12 »

anyoen still play MC2 multiplayer?????