Mech Commander Gold for Windows 7

Lobby client downloads, Gaming patch files for video cards and/or nocd files
CanEh
Site Admin

Mech Commander Gold for Windows 7

Post by CanEh »

I went to a site that had the software as an ISO file, and I downloaded it and mounted the image to a virtual drive.

I ran the install on a XP system, selected the defaults, and rebooted as required.

I copied the "Micropose" folder and contents (from the Program Files folder) onto a thumb drive, placed the thumb drive in the Windows 7 machine, and copied the folder (and contents) to the program files folder Of course, Win7 bitched about it, had to be as administrator, and selected 'continue', where it seemed like everything copied over correctly.

I then created 3 registry files from the XP system, that *seemed* to be needed for the direct play side of the game working, and I "imported" the 3 files into the registry with no errors.

Do note, none of these processes will create an entry in your start menu. If you want to toss something in there or make a desktop icon shortcut, that's your problem... not mine. :lol:

Will this work if you just copy the ISO contents to the normal folder? (And I guess some permissions need to be set on some files... again, not my problem...) I can't tell you. It may, or it may not. Try it and see... If it doesn't, then I'm sure between the groups that play this, someone will make a clean install on an XP system, and offer up some rar or zip or iso file for others to get... and sorry to say again, that's not my problem :)

ANY way... attached are the 3 registry files you can import into your windows 7 32 bit system, after you have the files of whatever kind you need, copied into place... Are they the same for the 64 bit? Dunno, I don't have a machine to compare.

Would be nice to know how this works for you folks.
MechGoldRegFiles.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 918 times
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: Mech Commander Gold for Windows 7

Post by CanEh »

As an update, this post contains both of the 32 bit AND 64 bit registry files. Since I do not run Windows 7 in 64 bit mode, I can't personally verify that these are 100% correct, but SS-Raven has taken these files, installed (aka the above post of copying the files) his "copy" of the XP game, into the "Program FIles (x86)" folder, and then ran the 3 64bitwin7 registry files (in this new zip) and has stated that it has worked here in the lobby...

It is what it is...
MechGoldRegFiles32-64.zip
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 935 times