conection error :/

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: conection error :/

Post by CanEh »

I checked the Mech Commander 2 lobby, and it is up and running. The fact that you got the program to load and to select the lobby proves that it installed correctly and your system is running it... "right".

So all that leaves is what happens when you select the lobby to connect to. This is where the port RANGE of 28900 to 29100 comes in. Each lobby is naturally hosted in the same physical machine, on the same IP address. What makes each lobby unique, is the port that it runs on. In this case, if memory serves me right, the MC2 lobby uses port 29002. If you get this error (and the lobby is actually working) then it means that something within your system is not allowing you to send and receive information on this port. Basically, you have it blocked (or alternatively you are not allowing it) and you need to determine what it is.

Are you using a router? Make sure that ports are forwarded in the 28900 to 29100 range (use both tcpip and udp to be safe). Are you using the windows firewall WITH a router? Turn OFF windows firewall if this is the case, because your router and firewall will argue with each other. One other potential possibility is you *might* need to right click on the reverb program shortcut and select to "run as administrator"... Vista really sucks...

Also remember... if you ARE using a router, chances are you will also need to configure the ports that the GAME needs in order to play, *exactly* like it was on the Zone.
Maverick001

Post by Maverick001 »

Now that I think about it the network is probably my issue. I'm a college student and I commonly use the school internet system to do all my bidding because of convieniance. Now that I think of it the system has blocked certain things like music sites or video sites before and it may have even blocked my online multi-player access.

Me and my roomies were plaing on getting a faster provider anyways so I'll wait til than to try it out. Thanks for all your assistance CanEh sorry I took your time awya from other stuff. You really did help though.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

No problem. The system gets the games list via port 80, the standard web browser port, so you would get the games lists for each of the lobby types. As far as the school internet goes... well... if you are in a dorm area on your own system then they should unblock those ports. If you are on some global campus wireless, I can see them being a little hesitant.

Besides... shouldn't you be studying anyway? :P
Maverick001

Post by Maverick001 »

Lol yeah, I have tuesdays and thursdays off though, was getting tierd of wacthin sports center and nappin. I'll look into that port stuff though.
Maverick001

Post by Maverick001 »

Sweet me an my roomies just got mediacom and my clients working. Now I just have to get lucky enough to be availble when everyone else is.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

The lobbies do have a chat buffer area, and you can post a note in the lobby about when you are available... but you only see the last 10 lines. Some people have been posting in the forums "Available to Play" area so you can try that out as well. Best bet is to grab your friends, and have your friends grab their friends... and so on.

Glad to see you made it in :)
rayvtirx

Post by rayvtirx »

ihave set all the ports in mny router etc - reverb was working fine for crimson skies yesterday
i get this error today
has server "burped" again
or is it me
i also checked http://www.reverbgaming.com/test.php it seemsthis last updated a while ago only on our server :(
also fuzzy had the same probs -
anychance of a restart ? :P
FAT_Obi1

Post by FAT_Obi1 »

Hi can
same for me i played yesterday night but tonight i can't connect
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Not sure why, seems like the server had a hiccup... its restarted..
GeneralConfusion

Post by GeneralConfusion »

hey i just got on here but cant seam to get the game working I can get into the lobby but it shows noone in there can anyone help me