conection error :/

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
NS38th_Upam

conection error :/

Post by NS38th_Upam »

Hi

today i wanted to login in reverb 2.1 and i can´t

it show me the following error:

"Connection Error: couldnt connect to server" :|
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: conection error :/

Post by CanEh »

Perhaps you don't have the basic ports open. Our lobbies were designed to use the same type of port range as the MSN zone did, where their lobbies were in the area of 28900 to 29100 (I think thats the range)... so you would need to have those ports opened to connect to a lobby itself.

Of course, you will also need the ports open for whatever game it is you are using, but thats a different matter than just connecting in with the server itself. Let me know if you are still having problems.
Air420

Post by Air420 »

S~ NS38th_Upam, I am getting the same error message come on ventrilo and holler if you get in Reverb or want to fly on the deck. Server might be going through maintence or something,hope that is what it is S~ ALL Air420

Watch your six :)
Air420

Post by Air420 »

everything works on vent and joining ips and all me and ns 38 th are getting same exact message. Any ideas whats going on? love the sight and lobbies told you i would pass the word on to help let people know of the new home for all of us gamers. thank you for it please help. 1905 est u.s.a.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Ah.. yes.. appears the the CFS2 lobby burped. I've re-started it... let me know if there are more issues. Just need to know the lobby thats giving the problem next time :P
Air420

Post by Air420 »

cfs2 lobby is up and running thank you CanEh Alot S~ Air420
NS38th_Upam

Post by NS38th_Upam »

thank you CanEh

now lobby is up and working :)
Maverick001

Post by Maverick001 »

I'm having the same trouble and really wanna do battle with other players over the net. Could someone walk me through how to obsovle the "connection error" problem?
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

You didn't specify the lobby, but I have checked the database and all lobbies are showing as reporting.

Are you getting a list of the games available? What lobby is not opening for you? All of the lobby servers will run a connection on the old zone ports, which are in the 28900-29100 range.
Maverick001

Post by Maverick001 »

Well I open up my client and select MC2 from the cdrom drop list. I type in my user name and password and a small box comes up that says "Connection error: Could not connect to server. I run a windows vista system. I Downloaded Stable Client 2.3.5.0 with the "Hearts" card game beta.