logging on to CDROM

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: logging on to CDROM

Post by CanEh »

You would be correct :) The website allows spaces in the name, and during sign up there is a statement saying not to use spaces because the lobby software doesn't allow them. We don't allow nic changes, because it affects the database (the forum software doesn't have the permissions to update the lobby software).

Your only solution is to make another account (PrimeMover or Prime_Mover etc) and then re-validate it. We don't restrict accounts to a single email, if you want to make multiple account with the same email address thats fine.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Hmm, uh... sure but... do you have the latest client? Not a lot I can say back until you provide more details... :)
lilmiz

Post by lilmiz »

Hi

i am unable to log in to the cd rom, can get on to forums but not the games.
Have reset my password etc & cleared cookies, nothing i know seems to work

help please
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I suspect maybe you are using the Reverb client rather than the DBS one? Remove the reverb one with add/remove programs. Then install the new one here from the forums. It will make a 'digital blood sports' entry/icon/shortcut, and everything should be fine from there. If THAT doesn't work, please let me know.
lilmiz

Post by lilmiz »

Hiya

Still unable to connect, I have removed everything to do with both reverb & DBS and tried to reinstall the client. I get

CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation required elevation

when i am downloading the client, there is a line before it but i forgot what it says.

if i cancel out of that & open the client, I can not connect using a nic & password set up since the dbs change over, i get invalid nic & password errors.

hope that is helpful, I figure is a Vista issue, cos it always is

lil
lilmiz

Post by lilmiz »

nevermind, i forgot to run as administrator.

I got in as Bob, now i just need to get my proper nics.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

chuckle.. :)
lilmiz

Post by lilmiz »

Hey Caneh

I still need to lilmiz in, so i can add myself to the guild and promote myself etc

Help please
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

The owner or co-owner of the guild needs to send you an invite. Once you get that, then that will make you pending. The owner or co-owner will then authorize you, at which point you will be a member.

Once you are a member, then the owner can remove an existing co-owner (if one exists) by demoting them to 'normal', and then making you co-owner.