Having trouble

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
Crono

Having trouble

Post by Crono »

Running windows 7, so I haven't find a way to install mech commander gold. However, copy pasting the files from the ISO allow for the game to run no problem. Problem is, I want to run multiplayer using the reverb client. How do I go about directing reverb to the game file so as to launch the game when in the mulitplayer lobby? Any help with this will be much appreciated. Also, not in the mood to run a dual boot, as that would be just too much trouble to get one game running.

Thanks all
Crono
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: Having trouble

Post by CanEh »

I don't run Win7 and I am not quite sure why the "install" wont run, but copying the files will let the game play. Usually these games need something in the registry, done during install, to make them work... so this approach surprises me.

However with that said, these games are based on the direct play object. There has to be a setting in the registry that "marries" the games identification for multiplayer to work. Unless those values exist...

I am aware of some people who do run windows 7, and do play here although I am not sure if it is with that game or not. I am also not sure exactly where you are having the problem with during "install", is there not a way that you can say... right click on the install program and select something like 'run in windows compatability mode' or something like that? I know those types of options existed in Vista... (also something that I have not used).

I did a google search on "install older games in windows 7" (try it if you want) and one of the links was this one:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 974c0b1f1d