CanEH RE:Crimson ports

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
Vyking_Blud

CanEH RE:Crimson ports

Post by Vyking_Blud »

CANEH
could you post all the ports that are required to be opened for Crimson Skies?
The MS support listed a couple but it didn't help. A few people gave me a quite a list in the lobby the other night and they were quite different
from the ones MS suggested. I am able to play, but not host.
Thanks.
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: CanEH RE:Crimson ports

Post by CanEh »

This post here http://www.reverbgaming.com/forums/view ... f=10&t=180 describes the ports needed, and gives the links to the ms support site as well. The new lobby client's F1 (help) page also gives the same basic information.

The most common problems come from people not defining the two trigger ports, and not rebooting after making router changes. With that said, there could also be problems if you are using a firewall in addition to the router. If you feel the need to use both, this could also be a problem because there is a different in programs used BY direct play games... between joining a game, and hosting a game.

Hosting runs a directX program called "dplaysrv", versus the normal dplay. Naturally both programs require permissions to access the internet but the first one also needs permissions to act as a server. When you host any direct play game, you are the server.

Follow the instructions listed, and if you are still having issues then let me know more about your system. OS, version of service packs, router make and model. Also check that the firmware in the router is the lastest release from the maufacturer.
Vyking_Blud

Post by Vyking_Blud »

Merci!
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Most welcome... let me know if you are still having problems. :)