cannot innitialize

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
stronky25

cannot innitialize

Post by stronky25 »

my program will not start annymore after a format hd
i instaled lastest client and get error message cannot innitialize
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: cannot innitialize

Post by CanEh »

Ouch.. I hate doing those re-formats.

I am guessing that you are using the basic XP 32bit (either pro or home) and that after you did the windows install, you went to get all of the windows updates. Did you start out with XP SP2? Did you install SP3 (thats a bad service pack, it really sucks).

You say that you put in the .net framework 3 stuff... I'm just wondering how broken the SP3 is... You can try removing the .net framework that you have installed with the add/remove program files (I would remove all .net framework from there) and then grab the .net 2 side first http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/deta ... laylang=en and then try the client again.

Let me know how you make out.
Grant_S

Post by Grant_S »

Sorry for using an old thread, however I didn't feel I should start a new one :)

I just installed the ReverbCDRom program, but when I click the icon I get "This application failed to initialize properly Please click Okay to terminate program."

I'm using Windows XP, SP2.

Other than that, I'm not sure, I haven't done much of any updates, still running IE6,etc.etc.

Any help would be appreciated! it would be great to play Crimson Skies MP again, versus the IP<>IP gaming I've been doing.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

xp is great, sp2 is good, ie6 is a little old but thats ok. Just don't install IE8 or SP3. But with that said, the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is, what version of dot net framework do you have installed? We use the 2.0 for the client program, so anything with that or later, will do...